Sale of Art, Antiques & Collectables including Asian
Descriptions should be construed as matters of opinion. Dimensions, where given, should be verified by prospective Buyers. The image area only of pictures is indicated and not the framed size. Code R indicates that the Lot is believed to contain rosewood which cannot be exported outside the EU. Code F indicates that The Auctioneer, or businesses with which it is associated, have an interest in the Lot. ARR indicates that Artist’s Resale Right at 4% apples to the Lot if the hammer price exceeds €1,000. Estimates are not inclusive of buyers’ premium which is charged at 20% on the hammer price. Internet surcharge applies.
13th May 2017 from
- Sale of Art, Antiques & Collectables including Asian
(Lots 1 to 229)
1. The Buyer shall pay the hammer price together with a premium of 20% to be inclusive of VAT and other taxes which may be applicable, excepting Droit de Suite (See section 6).
2. Lots must be paid for and cleared within 5 days of the auction. Buyers paying for and collecting lots in person may make settlement with debit cards, Mastercard and Visa credit cards, by cash (up to a maximum of £10,000) or by banker’s draft. Buyers known to The Auctioneer or resident in the Scottish Borders region may present personal or business cheques in payment. There will be a charge of 2.5% for payment by credit card and no charge for debit cards drawn on UK clearing banks. Buyers not present in the room and who have bid using the internet or telephone or on commission bids will also be required to make settlement with 5 days, by Paypal, banker’s draft or bank transfer.
3. Upon the fall of the hammer the highest bidder becomes the owner of the lot in question subject to payment in full. Once the hammer has fallen the lot will not be re-exposed or any refund made to the buyer. Goods should be removed on the day of the auction: The Auctioneers will not be responsible for loss or damage incurred subsequently.
4. Normally, The Auctioneer will not be able to arrange packing and carriage of lots sold with the exception of small packages which can be packed and sent by 1st class Recorded Delivery at the expense of The Buyer. The Auctioneer will, however, be able to recommend local service companies, without implying any liability therefor.
5. Storage Charge for uncollected lots. Goods, small or large, left uncollected on our premises for more than 5 days, will, whether paid for or not, be charged for at the rate of £10 per day per lot.
6. Commission bids by persons unable to attend the sale will be accepted up to 5pm on the day preceding the sale. Such bids are accepted without any liability, implied or otherwise, or obligation and The Auctioneer will endeavour to buy such lots at the cheapest price allowed by competition in the room and other commission bids.
7. Telephone bidding will be made available, at The Auctioneer’s discretion, and, subject to the availability of telephone lines, on any lot with a bottom estimate in excess of £250.
8. In order to bid in the room Buyers will be required to display a numbered paddle supplied by The Auctioneer. The paddle is to be surrendered at the same time as payment is made.
9. Online bidding will be available by using the facilities offered by EasyLiveauction.com and prospective online bidders should register at www.EasyLiveauction.com before 5pm on the day preceding the sale. A charge of 3% plus VAT will be levied on all Lots bought online unless the ‘Flat Fee’ option is selected as the registration method.
10. Buyers should satisfy themselves before the sale as to the condition of lots purchased. Although The Auctioneers will supply photographs, upon request, and give a view on condition, it is entirely the responsibility of The Buyer to satisfy him or herself as to condition, damages and any other matter which might affect the value of a lot. Descriptions in any catalogue or online are purely matters of opinion on the part of The Auctioneer and buyers are strongly urged to seek third party opinion on lots. Condition reports supplied by The Auctioneer should be regarded as matters of opinion.
Commission 15% per lot sold. Photography, cataloguing, internet charges and insurance as per the terms stated on the verso of The Auctioneer’s Goods Receipt form.
3 PRIVATE COLLLECTIONS AND COUNTRY HOUSE SALES
Preferential terms are offered for such sales.
4 UNSOLD LOTS
Unsold lots will be offered in the next sale at The Auctioneer’s discretion. They may also be offered simultaneously, or at a later date, in an online timed auction. Unsold lots may be sold by private treaty by The Auctioneer at his discretion at a figure of between 10 and 20% less than any agreed reserve.
5 WITHDRAWAL FEE
To a maximum of 15% of the reserved price or lower estimated price at The Auctioneer’s discretion.
6 ARTISTS’ RESALE RIGHTS (Droit de Suite)
In accordance with the EEC directive, The Auctioneer is obliged to collect royalties on behalf of living artists if their works are sold at auction. Effectively, this means that The Buyer of any work at auction the price of which exceeds Euros 1,000 is obliged to pay a royalty of 4% of the hammer price. The Auctioneer will collect such mandatory payment and remit it to The Design and Artists’ Copyright Society (DACS). The levy is reduced to 3% on purchases above Euros 50,000 and is capped at Euros 125,000.
7 IVORY. Items comprised wholly or in part of elephant ivory will not be sold at public auction by The Auctioneer.
8 LEGAL. This auction is conducted in accordance with The Auctions (Bidding Agreements) Act of 1927, as amended by The Auctions (Bidding Agreements) Act of 1969.