1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between bidders or any mistake is made the lot may be put up again. The auctioneer is the final arbiter
2. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bidding, or to bid on behalf of the vendor on any lots upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot before or during the sale
3. No lots may be removed until the purchaser’s account is paid in full and the buyer shall not become the owner or any lot until the purchaser’s account is paid. However, after the fall of the hammer the risk of damage or loss shall nevertheless be the buyer’s
4. All lots must be paid for and removed from site by the close of play Sunday following the auction unless arrangements have been made. Purchasers who do not pay and collect by this time may have their bids refused in future sales and may be subject to storage charges.
5. Payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card or bank transfer. Customer not present card payments will be limited to £1,000
6. A buyer’s premium of 17.5% is charged on the hammer price.
7. Online Bidding
We offer an online bidding service for the auction via easyLiveAuction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale on completing the bidder registration on www.easyliveauction.com and providing your card details.
8. Shipping of items needs to be arranged via contact with Regent Auctions
9 All items will be posted uninsured unless specifically arranged with Regent Auctions.
10. Any person causing damage to goods during removal is responsible for making good on that damage.
11. The auctioneer undertakes due diligence to ensure that catalogue descriptions and condition reports are accurate, but these must be taken as matters of opinion only not be taken as statements of fact. Buyers must make their own judgement as to the nature, authenticity or condition of any lot. The auctioneers do not give any warranty as to the title of the lots sold and will not be liable for any defects.
12. Any items remaining unpaid for may be resold and any deficiency made good by the defaulter.
13. Details of non-payers are shared with other auction houses and live internet bidding sites.
Conditions of acceptance of goods for auction:
1. Goods will be entered in the appropriate auction as decided by the auctioneers. The proceeds of sale can be collected from seven days after each sale on a Thursday.
There may be a delay in payment if items are not paid for by the buyer.
17.5% on all items no VAT
Minimum charge £2.50 per lot.
Goods collected by our carrier will be subject to a carrier charge.
3. The Seller warrants to the auctioneers and to the buyer that he is the true owner of the goods or is properly authorised to sell the goods by the true owner and is able to transfer good title to the goods free from any third party claims. The Seller indemnifies the auctioneer and the buyer against any loss or damage suffered by either in consequence of any breach of this condition by the seller.
4. All goods are put up for sale without reserve unless written instructions are agreed.
Reserves will be adhered to within 10% auctioneers discretion.
5. Items withdrawn by a vendor prior to a sale may be subject to a fee of 15% of the expected selling price or reserve
6. An electrical testing fee of £5 per item plus VAT may be charged
7. The seller warrants all electrical and mechanical goods, unless otherwise agreed with the auctioneers, to be in working order or reasonably fit for their intended use. In the case of goods discovered after the sale not to conform to the above warranty, the auctioneers reserves the right to withhold payment to the seller and to resell or dispose of the goods subsequently without notification of the same to the seller.
8. The auctioneers reserve the right to re-offer for sale on behalf of the seller any goods for which payment is not received through default of the buyer.
9. The auctioneers reserves the right to re-offer, re-cycle or dispose of any items that fail to sell. Any items of an unsaleable nature may be disposed of before an auction. A charge for disposal may be made.
10. The seller hereby agrees to forfeit any interest that may be earned on proceeds of sale.
11. Items consigned are insured under our policy with RSA/XL Insurance Co. Ltd and we are responsible to you for damage or loss according to the terms of this insurance (available on request). We agree that the amount insured is the expected or realised auction sale price or agreed reserve net of charges, not exceeding the current market value.