1. The bidding will be regulated by the Auctioneer, subject to the Vendor's reserve (if any). No bid shall be retracted. If any dispute should arise between two or more bidders the Auctioneer may determine the dispute at their own discretion and their decision shall be final. Torridge Auctions reserve the right to refuse the bid of any person without being called upon to give reason for such action.
2. All lots are believed to be described correctly but cannot be guaranteed to be so, and no compensation shall be allowed for any error, should such exist, regarding the quantity, quality or otherwise of the respective lots. No warranty is given on domestic electrical items as stated in condition 18 and all other lots shall be deemed to be examined by the purchaser and bought as found.
3. Torridge Auctions will not be responsible for any accident or injury to persons or property through fire or any other causes whatsoever, nor for any damage caused prior to, during or after the Sale.
4. All lots are entered under the Vendor’s ownership until, at the fall of the hammer, they become the responsibility of the purchaser. Title, however, does not pass until full payment is received by Torridge Auctions. In the event of any default in payment by any purchaser, Torridge Auctions reserves the right to offer the items to the underbidder (subject to any reserve applicable) and to amend the hammer price accordingly. Should Torridge Auctions fail in this, the item(s) will be returned to the Vendor.
5. All lots whether sold or unsold must be removed from the saleroom by 12.00 on the Saturday following the sale unless alternative arrangements have been made with Torridge Auctions. Failure to observe this condition will result in storage and/or disposal charges being levied. Items left on the premises for more than 2 weeks (except by consent) will become the property of Torridge Auctions to recover costs incurred as will be disposed of as we see fit.
6. Torridge Auctions reserve the right to: (a) Refuse any item (b) Sell items in Lots as they see fit (c) Make charges to cover costs incurred while handling goods or through non-compliance with these conditions.
7. Items for sale may be brought to the Saleroom from the date shown in advertisements PLEASE NOTE - Entries for Sales are accepted space permitting and may be stored for the next suitable auction. See condition 9(c)
8. Unsold lots may not be removed from the Saleroom without first obtaining authorisation from Torridge Auctions
9. CHARGES: (a) Commission will be charged at the rate of 18% + VAT with a minimum of £1 payable per lot. Special terms are available for trade entries.(d) Any item withdrawn by the Vendor after cataloguing will be charged at £1.00 per lot to a maximum of £15.00 per vendor (c) Goods requiring storage for future sales will be charged at £10.00 per week or part thereof unless it is the decision of Torridge Auctions to do so.(d) Any unsold lot not collected by the Vendor or vendor’s authorised agent by the Monday following a sale will be charged storage of £1.00 per lot per day, unless prior agreement has been made with Torridge Auctions The Lion Store 19, Barnstaple Street, Bideford, Devon, EX39 4AE 01237 471955 www.torridgeauctions.co.uk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 . PAYMENT: Payment for goods sold will normally be made by cheque approximately within 3 weeks of the Sale date providing Torridge Auctions have received payment for the said goods. Cash payment may be obtained by arrangement.
11. All purchasers are reminded that in bidding for any item they are deemed to have read and accepted these conditions of sale
12. Each lot, at the fall of the hammer, shall be considered as delivered and remain at the absolute risk of the respective purchaser.
13. PLEASE TELEPHONE THE OFFICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR COLLECTION OF YOUR ITEMS OR REQUEST A POSTAGE QUOTE. PAYMENT CAN BE MADE VIA THE LINK ON YOUR INVOICE OR BY BANK TRANSFER TO:
Sort Code: 30-80-37
Account Number: 38635162
IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY AFTER AUCTION, WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY TAKE PAYMENT FROM YOUR REGISTERED CARD.
14. Purchasers removing lots will be held responsible for any damage caused to persons or property.
15. A buyer’s premium of 18% + VAT will be charged on all lots purchased, with a minimum premium of £1 per lot.
16. Any Purchasers' Bills not paid by 12.00 on the Saturday following the Sale will be subject to a 5% surcharge immediately, followed by an increase of 2% per week or part week commencing one week later unless prior arrangements have been made.Storage charges may also be added of £1 per lot per day
17. Commission bids may be left with Torridge Auctions . Bidders are asked to observe all these Conditions and to contact the Auctioneers by noon on the day following the Sale.
18. ELECTRICAL ITEMS (a) Electrical items will be accepted for sale. Please note these items will not be PAT tested. All items deemed not working will be listed as such. No guarantee is given by Torridge Auctions on electrical items and therefore cannot be returned.
19. UPHOLSTERED ITEMS These can only be accepted if they comply with the current Fire Safety Regulations and display relevant labels. Exception is made for antique items.
Please note that VAT is charged