South Dublin Auction
Terms and Conditions Updated 16/7/2020
South Dublin Auction = SDA
1. SDA act in all respects, is an agent for sellers of each lot only.
2. The highest bidder acceptable to the auctioneer shall be the Buyer, but if, during the sale of a lot, The auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen for any reason the auctioneer has the option to cancel the sale or re-offer the item for sale. In all disputes the auctioneers decision is final.
3. SDA Reserves the right to refuse admission to the auction or refuse bids.
4. The auctioneer can refuse bids and advance the bidding as they see fit.
5. The seller shall be entitled to place a reserve on any lot over €50 and the auctioneer will bid on the buyers behalf up to the reserve amount.
6. SDA will have the right to withdraw, divide or combine any lot as they see fit.
7. The buyers and sellers premium on general sales items is 20% of the hammer price.
8. VAT will be added to your bill at a rate of 23% on the fees only.
9. The auction reserves the rights to ask for deposits from customers in certain situations at the auctioneers discretion.
10. SDA will do its very best to be honest, truthful and transparent when describing goods verbally and in the catalogue. Although all statements are an opinion and are not statements of facts, nor should be relied upon as such. Neither the seller or SDA is responsible for any statements as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any lots or errors in the description.
11. All goods are sold as seen with no warranty, return or exchange and we strongly encourage buyers to view items and make there own determination on condition prior to bidding.
12. No lots can be removed from the auction during the sale and all lots must be paid in full prior to removal following the auction. All bills must be settled in full and no credit is offered to any client.
13. If a reserve is left on an item for sale and the item does not sell the auctioneer will have the option to re-enter the item in the following sale at no or a lower reserve or remove the item to be held for collection.
14. Any goods unsold and left in the auction for more than 3 weeks will be sold and the proceeds given to charity or will be disposed of or recycled, with no recourse from the owner.
15. SDA accepts payments in cash and card only.
16. All purchases from the weekly auction must be paid in full by 1pm on Monday or the sale will be cancelled and the item will be entered in to the following sale.
17. On bids left on the book or on telephone bids, SDA may require a card to be left on file to secure the bid.
18. Any items left to be cleaned or repaired by Mint Condition is a contract between mint condition and the client and is not the responsibility of SDA. SDA will not be responsible for any disputes with Mint Condition. Mint condition is a contract between Mint Condition and the client.
19. The above terms and condition may vary from time to time at the discretion of SDA, Please ensure you review our terms and conditions prior to each sale auction.
Shipping. We offer shipping on most goods that are not ceramic or glass. We can offer box shipping or pallet shipping depending on what you purchase. Please contact the office for shipping quotes or questions.