Art4Action2 is a Fund-Raising Timed Auction in Support of Dorset Artists and Various Charities and Causes.
Art4Action2 is a fund-raising Timed Auction in support of Dorset artists and various charities and causes, taking place between Friday December 4th and Sunday December 13th. This Art4Action auction is brought to you by Wareham Tower Chimes magazine with the support of Wareham Town Council and Wareham Church Family. 66% of the proceeds will go to the artists, 17% will go to the Routes to Roots homeless charity, and 17% to St Martin’s Church Fabric Fund.
Timed Auction taking place between Friday December 4th and Sunday December 13th.
Bidders are strongly advised to read all of the following Terms and Conditions on this page before placing any bids with us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Art4Action Auction is organised by Malcolm Lewis of Lewis-Fry Publications Ltd, publisher of Wareham Town Chimes Magazine (hereafter referred to as the Organiser).
Wareham Tower Chimes is selling the artwork on behalf of the Artists and as such are not a party to the contract of sale, and are not liable for any breach thereof by either the Buyer or the Artist.
This is an INTERNET ONLY TIMED AUCTION SALE. There will be NO VIEWING for this sale. You must register with easyliveauction.com in order to bid on their platform. There will be NO TELEPHONE BIDS.
We are operating an online bidding service via EasyLiveAuction.com.
PLEASE NOTE that any lots purchased during the auction will be subject to a 3% Commission charge and VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price. Please see Easy Live’s T & C’s here: https://www.easyliveauction.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/, for more information. There is also an additional 6.4% Buyers Premium including VAT to cover bank charges and Bidding Platform fees.
1. All Bidders and Artists acknowledge and accept that these Terms and Conditions are binding upon them and apply to any sale of any Lot in this Auction.
2. These Terms shall become binding on the Buyer when the Buyer completes registration, and by making a bid for any of the lots advertised in the catalogue all prospective buyers acknowledge that their attention has been drawn to these conditions of sale and that they are bound by them.
3. All Lots will be offered for sale using numbers appearing in the Catalogue at the start of the description of each Lot. The Lots will be offered for sale in strict numerical order, starting with the lowest Lot number first, unless otherwise announced by the Auctioneer before the first Lot in this Catalogue is offered for sale. However, the Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw, consolidate or alter the order of any lots at their discretion.
4. The Auctioneer may advance the bidding for any Lot in steps fixed in the Auctioneer’s absolute discretion.
5. Lots may be withdrawn at the discretion of the organisers.
6. No Lot will be sold below the lower estimate appearing in this auction.
7. The highest Bidder will be the Purchaser. If any dispute arises between the Bidders, such dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer. The Auctioneer reserves the right of absolute discretion in all disputes between Bidders.
8. The Organisers act as agents only for the Artist, and they are not responsible for any faults or defects in any lot or the correctness of any statement as to the condition of any lot.
Legal title of the lot(s) will not pass to the Buyer until the lot(s) has been paid for in full. All payment will be organised through Wareham Tower Chimes.
Once they have received the list of winning bidders, Wareham Tower Chimes will send out invoices by email after the Auction, but they do not accept responsibility for notifying you of the result of your bid before this. The result of bids can be seen on the easyliveauction platform.
Please note that payment will be by Bank transfer (Faster Payments) payable to Lewis-Fry Publications, and the sort code and account number will be on the invoice you receive. Payment by cheque also accepted.
Payment to Wareham Tower Chimes is due on receipt of invoice. Failure to do this will incur a weekly 10% late payment charge.
Note that the Artists have agreed to donate 33% of the purchase price of their pieces to the Routes to Roots homeless charity and to the St Martin’s Church Fabric Fund.
SENDING OF GOODS
Artists offer a pack and send service but no lots will be available to the Purchaser until they have made payment in full. Note that the associated costs of postage, packaging, insurance, etc is ADDITIONAL to the price paid for the lot.
It is the responsibility of the Buyer to arrange with the Artist the postage and packaging or collection of any lots purchased within 24 hours of the sale. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any packaging carried out by any Artist or by a third party. Appropriate insurance is recommended to be taken out by the purchaser, the Organiser accepts no liability for any damages caused during the postal process.
If you decide you wish to collect your artwork you must email your intention to the Artist who will then arrange a time and place to meet complying with all COVID-19 safety guidelines. If you prefer, once the item has been paid for, the Artist may agree to store your purchased items free of charge until such times as you are ready to collect.
'Artists offer a pack and send service but no lots will be available to the Purchaser until they have made payment in full. Note that the associated costs of postage, packaging, insurance, etc is ADDITIONAL to the price paid for the lot.
It is the responsibility of the buyers to arrange with the artists the postage and packaging or collection of any lots purchased within 24 hours of the sale. The Auctioneer accept no responsibility for any packaging carried out by any Artist or by a third party. Appropriate insurance is recommended to be taken out by the purchaser, the Auctioneer accepts no liability for any damages caused during the postal process.'