MC Stamp Auctions is a family run business established in 2018. We ourselves are active stamp collectors and have enjoyed the hobby for over thirty years. As a business, we strive to offer an excellent service, quality items and value for money.
1. All auction catalogues are provided free with no obligation to bid.
2. Placing a bid is acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
3. All auctions are governed by applicable UK Legislation.
4. In the event of a bidding dispute or bidder error the auctioneers’ decision in final.
5. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before the auction starts. In the rare occasion that this happens all bidders will be notified of lot withdrawal and the reason.
6. All bids are confidential and under no circumstances are bids disclosed to third parties.
7. Previous auction lot realisation prices are available free upon request.
8. Live and timed auctions are run online.
9. Bids are also accepted by post, email or telephone and must arrive before 10:00am on the day of the auction. Unfortunately, bids arriving after this time cannot be entered into the auction.
10. All bids must be in GBP £sterling. Bids in other currencies are respectfully declined.
11. To bid by post enter the lot number and the maximum amount you are prepared to pay for each lot you are interested in on the postal bid form and return it to the address shown.
12. To bid by email send your bids with lot number and contact details to the email address shown. Do not email your payment details.
13. If you are the highest bidder you will win the lot for the bid step above the next highest bidder. This may be below your highest bid.
14. If there is a tie in bid amounts the earliest date on the bid entry will win the lot.
15. Bid on as many lots as you want. If the bid form is full please use a separate sheet and attach it to the original.
16. Bids with pence or bids out of a bid step will be rounded down to the nearest lower bid step.
17. Bids below the reserve price are respectfully declined. We do not use or publish estimates.
18. All descriptions are provided in good faith by the auctioneer with errors and omissions accepted that will be corrected when identified.
19. Catalogue values are in £GBP referencing the SG Stamps of the World catalogue unless otherwise stated.
20. Below £20 in £1 steps
21. £20 to £100 in £2 steps
22. £100 to £200 in £5 steps
23. £200 and above £10 steps
24. No buyers’ premium or hidden charges are added to any winning bids.
25. We pay the buyers registration fees when using EasyLive Auction services.
26. Payment is due upon receipt of an invoice.
27. Payment of winning bids must be made within 14days of the sale date.
28. We accept payment by all major credit/debit cards, GBP cheques drawn on a UK bank (made payable to MC Stamp Auctions), PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or Bank Transfer to NatWest sort code: 60-19-24 account number: 28415035.
Postage and Packing
29. Lots will be despatched once payment has been received and cleared.
30. Payment by credit/debit card, PayPal or bank transfer guarantees faster despatch.
31. Postage and packing is free. Royal Mail 1st Class is used for lots sent to a UK address. Royal Mail International Standard is used for lots sent outside the UK. For large lots and parcels a courier will be used. Proof of posting is obtained for all lots.
32. All lots are sent insured using the service providers terms and conditions.
33. All packages over £75 in value will be sent tracked and with proof of delivery.
Privacy and Data Protection
34. We comply with all UK Data Protection Legislation (GDPR & DPA) and the International Payment Card Regulation (PCI-DSS).
35. Any information we collect from you is used to provide our services to you. This enables you to bid and buy from us.
36. We collect the minimum amount of information needed when you register online, request a catalogue, bid or buy from us.
37. Financial and payment data is used to perform the requested transaction, we do not keep or store any of these details on file. Once the associated transaction has been completed they are securely destroyed.
38. We will periodically send catalogues and newsletters to you about our services and products.
39. We will never disclose your information to any third party and have put in place security measure to help ensure your information is safe.
40. You have the right to be forgotten by us, if requested by you we will securely delete all information about you from our system and confirm to you we have completed your request.
41. You have the right to receive a full copy of all information we hold about you on our systems, this is provided free upon request.
42. If you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect please advise and we will amend accordingly.
43. Abbreviations used in our listings and catalogues are as follows:
UM - Unmounted Mint
Mint - Mounted Mint
VFU - Very Fine Used
FU - Fine Used
Used - Used Condition No Faults
POG - Part Original Gum
CV - Catalogue Value
STC - Stated to Catalogue by a third party
SG - Stanley Gibbons Catalogue Reference Number
MiNr - Michel Catalogue Reference Number
FOR - Forbin Catalogue Reference Number
Perf - Perforate
Imperf - Imperforate
Roul - Rouletted
V - Total Number of Values
E - Entire
E/L - Entire Letter
cds - Circular Date Stamp
wmk - Watermark
1. Lots will be despatched once payment has been received and cleared.
2. Payment by credit/debit card, PayPal or bank transfer guarantees faster despatch.
3. UK Postage and packing is free. Royal Mail 1st Class is used for lots sent to a UK address.
4. Royal Mail International Standard is used for lots sent outside the UK.
5. For large lots and parcels a courier will be used. International postage is charged at cost.
6. Proof of posting is obtained for all lots.
7. All lots are sent insured using the service providers terms and conditions.
8. All packages over £75 in value will be sent tracked and with proof of delivery.