Terms and Conditions
By bidding with Barn Auctions buyers are accepting to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- Barn Auctions acts as an agent for the vendor and details and identity of said vendor(s) will not usually be disclosed in keeping with the Data Protection Act. The buyer's primary contract is with the vendor.
- PREMIUM: Buyer's premium is 15% of the hammer price on each lot purchased. Internet buyers (via www.easyliveauction.com) are charged an extra 3% of the total invoice amount or a flat fee of £3, chosen at registration. VAT at the standard rate is charged in addition to this premium. All lots are sold using the auctioneer's margin scheme.
- ESTIMATES: Estimates are intended as a guide only to help buyers gauge an idea of purchase price and are not definitive or limitations of value. Estimates are prepared in advance of the sale and may be subject to revision at limited notice. They do not include buyer's premium or VAT.
- RESERVES: Reserves (if any) will be at the lower end of the estimate. Barn Auctions are under no obligation to indicate if there is a reserve on a lot.
- DESCRIPTIONS AND CONDITION: All items are sold as seen including any and all possible defects. Descriptions and conditions of the lots are intended as a guide only. Photographs of the lots are provided online via www.easyliveauction.com purely as a guide to the content and may be subject to change at any time with limited notice. Barn Auctions depends on information provided by the vendor and limited research and inspection.
Whilst Barn Auctions may inspect lots and take reasonable views on the content and condition, they are unable to undertake detailed, intensive or sometimes any examination of lots to ascertain their condition and strongly advise potential buyers to take responsibility for inspecting and investigating lots of interest.
Barn Auctions provides ample opportunity for such buyers on their viewing days, and for distance bidders that may not be able to attend in person, provide a condition report service where they can give details on condition along with additional photos. Barn Auctions does not accept responsibility for any incorrect details or reports provided as these are the personal opinion of staff involved.
- Electrical goods are not tested and are sold as seen including any and all possible defects. Barn Auctions recommends buyers contact a registered electrician to test the items for compliance with safety regulations before use.
- Condition reports on items cannot be provided after 9:00am on the sale day. Items purchased without a condition report are sold as seen (see RETURNS).
-BIDDING: Potential buyers are encouraged to bid in the room whilst the auction is ongoing or live via www.easyliveauction.com on the online bidding console. If buyers are unable to attend or bid online then bids may be left, either as an auto bid via www.easyliveauction.com or with Barn Auctions . Bids left are the sole responsibility of the buyer. A commission bid (where the buyer leaves a maximum bid) may be left before the auction and will be on the book with the auctioneer on the rostrum, or left with a porter whilst the auction is ongoing. A telephone bid will be left with a porter who will then contact the buyer a few lots beforehand. Barn Auctions will always attempt to purchase the lot at the lowest reasonable price (usually within estimate) but sometimes this is not possible due to conflicting bids on the book, underbidders in the room or online, or reserves. Barn Auctions will not take responsibility for any missed, incomplete or incorrect bids. Reasonable attempts will be made to contact telephone buyers before their lots, however if no contact is made then Barn Auctions reserves the right to refuse further telephone bids. Telephone bids are only available on lots that have a low estimate of £50 or more. For all other lots buyers are asked to consider leaving commission bids.
PAYMENT: All invoices must be cleared by the Wednesday following the sale otherwise a 2.5% late payment fee will be applied to the invoice amount. Bidders via www.easyliveauction.com must pay via bank transfer. Any failed payments must be completed or buyers must have contacted the office by midday on the Tuesday after the sale to confirm payment otherwise invoices will be cancelled, they will be reported to www.easyliveauction.com and prevented from participating in future sales. Barn Auctions will not accept card payments over the phone. International bidders must pay via bank transfer in pound sterling and are responsible for any charges that they may incur.
Accepted payment methods:
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- Bank transfer
POSTAGE AND DELIVERY:
STORAGE: Once lots have been paid for they are the sole property of the buyer and as such are not covered by Barn Auctions. Purchased lots must be removed from the saleroom, this can be on the night after the sale and Saturday & Sunday 11am - 2pm. If special arrangements need to be made out of these hours we urge that you contact us ASAP. Lots that remain on Barn Auctions premises after this, (and we have not recieved any contact from the buyer) will be charged storage at a rate of £10 per lot per day along with a handling fee of £10 on the total storage amount. If the lots are not cleared and storage charges not paid by a further calendar month from the start of the charged period, Barn Auctions will re-enter the lots into the next available sale to cover the storage charges and no refund will be made for the invoice amount.
Items that have been paid for via Cheque : there may be a holding period where the items will remain on Barn Auctions premises without charge until the funds have cleared.
RETURNS: Barn Auctions, as an auction house, is exempt from the Consumer Protection Act. However, if a buyer is dissatisfied with the lot(s) they have purchased and have notified Barn Auctions in writing, they may be able to return the items within a 28-day time period from the date of the sale (not date of collection or receipt) for a refund. This return policy is at the discretion of Barn Auctions and they reserve the right to refuse a refund with the exception of 'deliberate forgeries' as detailed below. Buyers are responsible for the costs of returning the lot(s) and will only receive a refund if the lot(s) are in the state they were when they left the premises. Lots that have been taken to a third party for intensive inspection will be refused for a refund with the exception of 'deliberate forgeries' as detailed below.
In specified circumstances lots mis-described because they are 'deliberate forgeries' may be returned and repayment made. There is a 14-day time limit from the date of the sale, not date of collection or receipt. In this instance Barn Auctions must be notified in writing with all evidence of the 'deliberate forgeries'. Buyers are responsible for obtaining and providing all evidence of said 'deliberate forgeries'.
INSURANCE: Ownership of purchased lots are transferred immediately to the buyer and as such all goods left on the premises of Barn Auctions are no longer insured including but not limited to fire, theft following forced entry, water damage, accidental breakage or damage (unless directly caused by negligence of employees).
COMMUNICATION: Barn Auctions will communicate with buyers via telephone, post or e-mail using the details provided upon registration. While every effort is made to reach buyers Barn Auctions will consider communications received after 2 working days and will not be held responsible for any notices or contact lost or delayed. Buyers are responsible for ensuring any and all details are correct and up to date.
Barn Auctions reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time and it is the responsibility of the client to ensure they are aware of any updates before bidding.
Last updated 23/02/2018